Tuesday 25 June 2013

Hooked in record time!



Just once in a while a project goes so smoothly, I have to ask myself ‘Why can’t they all be like that?’

I've never known a project go so easy and so fast, I have to share it with you.
This is how it went:
29 May - Having seen my work on www.hireanillustrator.com, Packed House Publications contacted me to ask if I did work for hire.
2 June - I’m given the brief so I can give an indication of cost.
5 June - Agreements signed and 50% deposit paid
6 June - First Sketches emailed
7 June - Amended Sketch and subsequent Inked linework emailed for approval
8 June - Colour Vector art sent for approval and amended colour art sent for approval
9 June - Delivery of final vector art and final payment made.

I confess, as soon as I read the brief, I knew it was an image I'd enjoy arriving at, so I eased other work aside to accommodate it in my schedule. I was right, it was great fun.




A sweet little job made all the more enjoyable by efficient communication and professionalism of Packed House Publications.




Here’s what Packed House had to say:
"It has been a pleasure working with Peter George.  He was the ultimate professional, and not only did his illustration far exceed our expectations, but he completed the project ahead of our timeline. We look forward to working with him again."



What made this occasion more impressive was the fact that it was for a new client who was four thousand six hundred miles away with six hours time difference between us and I was on a three day camping trip in Norfolk when the initial inquiry landed - What would we do without smartphones?

Why can't they all be like that?

All images kindly reproduced courtesy of Packed House Publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment