Tuesday 19 February 2013

Enthralled 6


I found some time to ink 'Enthralled'. Bearing in mind I want much of the form definition to be enabled by the central firelight, I had to rein myself in from overworking the drawing, particularly on the side closest to the light. I could happily ink trees for hours, but in this instance, they are lesser characters, so they get minimal treatment. I've used a heavier line on what would logically be the shadow side.
This is a detail of the centre of the piece. To show the whole thing would look a bit weedy.
The next stage is to firm up on my colour decisions and rough out a digital comp before applying colour to the art. I'm still undecided on the local colour of the audience, so some experimentation is called for. I'm looking forward to involving some colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment