Wednesday 16 January 2013

Enthralled 4

Tighter drawing time!



Even though I'd figured out my monsters prior to getting to this stage, I'd decided to keep the development of the storyteller until now. This was another feisty one. She must've passed through a dozen poses, seated, leaning toward her audience, stomping, stretching, jumping. I managed to wrestle her into place eventually. I even kind of like those big hands!
Over recent days my wife and I went on a few walks to woods, country parks and a couple of abbeys, which gave me the opportunity to photograph trees and forests, fallen logs and rocky outcrops to incorporate in the drawing. I'd preferred to have a few more leaves on the trees, but hey, you can't have everything.

Next step is to rough out colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment